CSE 335 Project 1
We submitted the file with 30 items and the project as a total as two seperate submissions. Check in the submission page for both submissions
- Scroll: All group members, Marwan, Ian, and Amy, worked to implement this feature. The button for turning this feature on and off was done by Ian, Marwan, and Amy as well
- The way we worked together was that while one person was coding, another person would look over and make sure what they were doing made sense. When a part was finished, one of other group members would be troubleshooting any problems that occur during the coding process.
- Visitor pattern: The implementation for this code was done by Ian
- Scrolling to the side of the screen: We, as a group, decided that when the user hits the side of the screen, the page would just stay on that spot and go no further.
- The environment: The timer for the hunger levels as well as the tank cleanliness needed to be set to make the user clean and feed often.
- - Part one, the background: This was done using another class called CEnvironment.
The Update in CAquarium checks to see if the timer is within a certain level of dirtiness.
- - Part two, the hungry fish: This was done within the each fish having a specific hunger level.
when the fish are fed, all fish on the screen have their hunger levels reset to 0.
- Both the fish and the background are saved and can be loaded at another time
- - Ian was responsible for making and updating the website. This required him to have near expert levels of HTML and VIM.
- - The schooling feature of this project is implemented on Beta Fishes.
- - The first Beta Fish added into the Aquarium is the group leader.
- - The additional Beta Fishes that are added into the Aquarium will follow the Beta Fish Leader.
- - For the sparty treasure chest, I created a new class type for the chest subbclassed from cItem. In the overriden update function I set a timer that will change mImage of the chest with time and set bubble flag to 1 when chest is open.
- - In cItem update function, I drew bubbles if bubbles is true for an Item. And used the timer to create the movement of the bubbles and added some logic to release a new bubble if the bubble reaches the top of the tank.
The objective of the game is the maintain an Aquarium.
At the start of the game the player is given a starting amount of $20. The player has the option to buy 3 types of fish as well as decoration for the tank.
When a fish is hungry there will be an indication letting the player know that it must be fed. If the fish is not fed in the proper time, the fish will die. Feeding the fish is as simple as activating the feed button and clicking on the fish you wish to feed.
Keeping the fish alive for a longer amounts of time, the fish gains in monetary value.
The player can sell a fish at any time.
Another way to make money is to wait. For every minute , the player will gain $0.25. In addition to the $0.25/minute, the player can also gain $1/minute for each SpartyChest they have in their Aquarium.
Cleaning the tank is also an option, although it is purely cosmetic.
On top of all of the money the player is keeping track of, there will also be a point and level system. Almost everything the player does will add points to the total score of the game.
Levels are based strictly on how many points a player has. When the player's score gains, the level increases as well!
Levels in terms of points:
- level 1 < 100 points
- 100 points <= level 2 < 300
- 300 points <= level 3 < 700
- 700 points <= level 4 < 1100
- 1100 points <= level 5 < 1500
- 1500 points <= level 6
The thing to remember is money is separate from score. The player can have a very high score but be completely out of money.
- Starting amount - $20
- Beta = $1 ~ For every minute Beta is alive add 25% of the original price to sell back price = $0.50.
- Nemo = $3 ~ For every minute Nemo is alive add 25% of the original price to sell back price = $1.50.
- Dory = $5 ~ For every minute Dory is alive add 25% of the original price to sell back price = $2.50.
- Feed = $ 0.25 ~ Don't let your fish die!
- Clean Tank = $0.50 ~ Keep your tank clean!
- TreasureChest = $2 ~ Decorative - for those who like a pretty setting :/
- SpartyChest = $15 ~ $1/minute
Fish Life without feed:
- Beta - 70 seconds
- Nemo - 10 seconds
- Dory - 30 seconds
- GINA WAS ERE AND IS GREAAAATTTTTT LIKE TONY THE TIGER
The best part of our game is that there is no way to lose!