MYSQL Database Server for Students
CSE hosts a mysql database server for students to use. The service is provided as-is and should no way be considered for "production use". You are encouraged to back it up. Please play friendly and do not host large binaries or create large amounts of tables and/or records. If usage becomes large, we will send a warning and possibly lock your database.
- Server Name: mysql-user.cse.msu.edu
- Login: your CSE username
- Password: your studend PID (this will default to your PID regardless if you have changed your normal CSE password)
- An easy to use web management: https://www.cse.msu.edu/phpMyAdmin NOTE: the first id and password are your CSE id and CSE password. This will grant you access to the phpMyadmin web page
- Linux machines can connect using a command line: mysql -h mysql-user -u -p (hit enter and you will be prompted for password)
- NOTE:SSH access to mysql-user will be rejected.
- CSE web pages under your own personal space have PHP abilities that can talk to the database server. Consult php docs for details